- 1-800-99-BELTS (23587)
Enlist the help of a powerful speaker who visibly moves kids.
"My name is Blake McMeans, and I speak publicly, especially to young people, because I want to try to stop as many people as I can from making the nearly deadly mistake I made: drinking and driving."
Often times, nothing hits home better for teens than a real life account of a tragic driving incident. This activity involves inviting Blake McMeans (or any distracted driving incident survivor) to your school to speak with teens about their experience.
Please visit Blake's website to learn more about his tragic learning experience at: BlakeMcMeans
1. Go to the Blake McMeans website.
2. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Invite a known local incident survivor to your school to speak about distracted driving and the consequences associated with it.
To get your points:
1. Save photo and video footage of your speaker's presentation at your high school.
2. Click "Submit Your Points."
3. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
4. Upload your photos and video along with a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
**Note -- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!**